Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blackberry Cobbler

The other day the store had a great deal on blackberries, so I bought some, not knowing what I would do with them. After a few days, I figured I'd better find a recipe and use them before they went bad! I decided to try Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler.** It called for self-rising flour, which I don't have, so I made my own. Here are the ratios:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
I didn't measure exactly, but for 1 cup of flour (which is what was called for in this recipe) I added 1 1/3 teaspoons baking powder and 1/3 teaspoon salt. Then I whisked in 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of milk. I melted the 1/2 cup (1 cube) of butter in my baking dish (so that I wouldn't have to butter the dish the hard way), swirled it around and then added the butter to the other mixture. When it's mixed, pour the batter into the baking dish and top with 2 cups of blackberries. Then sprinkle that with 2 tablespoons of sugar and pop it into the preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, sprinkle with another tablespoon or two of sugar and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until it's done.

**You can go to PW's site to see all the step-by-step pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment