Blueberry Muffins #2

Here's our usual blueberry muffin recipe. I like the surprise ingredient of oatmeal! The first time I made it was to take to my seminary class; they all enjoyed it as well. On that day I baked it in a 9x13 pan so that works, too, although I prefer it as muffins.


Blueberry Coffee Cake

1 1/2  cups flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup frozen blueberries

streusel topping: ¾ cup flour, ¾ cup oats, ½ cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter or margarine

Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Stir in blueberries. Spoon into 2 greased 8” cake pans. Combine streusel ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. (Can also be baked as muffins.)

8/31/2017: Today I added a mashed banana to the batter and baked them as muffins. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, then turn down to 350 degrees once you place the muffins inside. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Note also that the above amount of streusel topping will overflow your muffin tin; you can decide if you want to cut it back a bit or not.

Comments