Cinnamon Streusel Breakfast Cake

This is the family favorite breakfast (since we don't drink coffee) cake that we keep coming back to. Ours is an adaptation of the one in the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook that we received as a wedding gift. We double the topping and omit the nuts.Cinnamon Streusel Breakfast Cake

1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg
½ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
½ cup chopped nuts, optional


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in egg, milk, and oil. Pour into greased 9” square baking pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter. Add nuts if desired. Sprinkle over batter. Bake for 25 minutes at 375°. Makes 9 servings.

Comments

  1. Oh, the memories are flowing! I haven't enjoyed a good coffee cake in a long time. I 'm going to my Dads' this weekend I think I'll make this.:-) My cake is Posted. Auntie E

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good and so easy! Might have to try it out Saturday! Thanks for linking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious and easy to make. My family would probably eat this so fast that it wouldn't have time to cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment