Curried Chicken Corn Chowder

Wayne loves curry. I love chowder. So when I came across a new recipe in a magazine, I had to give it a try. Here's our variation. It had the "perfect spiciness" for Wayne, which means it was just a touch too hot for me, but I still enjoyed the leftovers.Curried Chicken Corn Chowder

One medium onion, chopped
One rib celery, chopped
½ tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon parsley
3 cups chicken broth
Dash of salt and pepper
¼ cup flour
¼ cup milk
2 cups corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
1 cup cubed, cooked chicken

Briefly sauté onions and celery in butter. Stir in curry, parsley and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Combine milk and flour and stir into soup. Add corn and chicken and heat through. Serves 4-5.


Next time I might try adding either rice or potatoes, but maybe not, because it was delicious without them.

Comments