Sticky Popcorn

It's time for a series of recipes using powdered milk. Unfortunately, I missed the Relief Society class, but it sounded like a lot of fun, and I trust that the recipes are all great. One of these days I'll get around to trying them myself. I haven't had this popcorn recipe before, but I have used the part for Sweetened Condensed Milk, and it works great for baking. In fact, I can't recall the last time I bought the canned stuff. So, have fun! Sticky Caramel Popcorn

1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (see recipe below)
1 1/2 Cups popcorn kernels

Bring to boil over medium heat brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Boil for 1 minute, turn heat to low and add sweetened condensed milk. Meanwhile pop popcorn kernels and place in a large paper sack or very large bowl. Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and shake/stir until caramel is evenly distributed. Store in a covered container.

Sweetened Condensed Milk
Place 1/2 cup hot water in blender. Turn on and slowly add 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup powdered milk. Blend until smooth. Makes about 1 1/2 cups, enough to substitute for one can, although it won't be as thick.
NOTE: For recipes where the sweetened condensed milk is replacing shortening, add 4 tablespoons butter or margarine to the hot water.

Comments