Ruby's Oatmeal Muffins

Since I have no idea who Ruby is, and since I got this recipe from my niece Aislynn, we should probably rename it. I love these muffins as is; Steven would have preferred them with chocolate chips added to the batter! Oatmeal Muffins

1 cup quick oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg

Combine oats with buttermilk and let stand for a few minutes. Combine flour with salt, baking powder and baking soda and set aside. Add oil, sugar and egg to oatmeal mixture. Stir in dry ingredients. Spoon into buttered muffin tins and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.


It wasn't chocolate chips, but I did add about 1 cup of blueberries to the batter and they turned out just fine.

Comments

  1. And today I added one cup of wheat flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1/2 cup raisin jam and sprinkled them with leftover Nanaimo crumbs. This made 18 muffins with a wonderful texture. Absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment