Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Easy Cherry Cheesecake

This is one of the first recipes that I memorized. It's also one of the recipes that my mother-in-law gave to me as favorites of my new husband. It's interesting to see the variations between the two versions.

Easy Cherry CheesecakeStart with a graham cracker crust.
Prepare the whipping cream. Use one envelope of Dream Whip, prepared as directed (my mother's version) or 1 cup of whipping cream whipped with 3/4 cup powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla (my mother-in-law's version). You could also use an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip (my usual choice). Beat in 8 ounces of cream cheese until smooth and pour into the crust.
Chill for several hours, then top with a can of cherry pie filling.

That's it! Since Wayne doesn't care for cakes, this is his birthday cake of choice. I also love serving it for Christmas dinner and any other time we need something special but simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment