Sugar Bar Cookies

Steven loves sugar cookies. I don't like the mess making them creates. So, when I saw a "Bar Sugar Cookie" recipe, I had to give it a try. The consensus was that they tasted just like sugar cookies, but the cookie/frosting ratio was wrong (too much cookie). Next time I'll try halving the recipe for one cookie sheet and see if that makes a difference.


Bar Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and mix in. Pat into a greased 10x15" sheet pan.
   Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes.
   Frost with your favorite icing recipe.

Cut into squares to serve. 


Using half the batter worked nicely. Now, next time I need to try rolling the dough out to make it smooth and more even!

Comments