Yummy and Sweet Cornbread

Here's our family's favorite cornbread recipe. I think I originally got this recipe from a college roommate. Recently we discovered that baking it in a cast iron pan makes it taste even better. (For this 9" skillet I only made half a recipe.)

Corn Bread

1 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk

Combine dry ingredients. Beat eggs, oil and milk together. Add to flour mixture and stir. Pour into greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
 

Comments

  1. Today I added 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the half-size recipe and baked it at 375 degrees for 18 minutes. Next time I try a cheese version, I need to double the amount of cheese and use less sugar as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment