I can't believe we haven't posted this old standby favorite yet. This is Michelle's favorite way to have rice, and I love it because I can pop it in the oven before church, set it to time bake, and come home to a beautiful aroma! There are probably a lot of variations of this recipe, but I usually just
- put 2 cups of rice in the bottom of my baking dish
- top with some dried onion and parsley and salt (the original recipe was a package of onion soup mix, but I never use that)
- combine a can or two of cream of mushroom/chicken soup with 3 cups of water/milk
- pour it over the rice
- then pieces of chicken (usually skinned but not boned thighs)
- cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours or so
As you can see it's a very forgiving recipe, and if we want more rice, we start with more rice (and add a bit more liquid)!