Frozen Peanut Butter Mousse Cups

I'm not sure how I came to this site to find this recipe for Frozen Peanut Butter Cups, but they sounded delicious. And since I had some cream that needed to be used up, it was the perfect thing to try. They are good and both Steven and Michelle loved them. I must admit, though, that I'd like them a lot better with some chocolate added! Frozen Peanut Butter Mousse Cups

1 cup whipping cream
1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
In a small bowl with beater at high speed, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, with same beaters and mixer now at low speed, beat marshmallow creme, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Use a rubber spatula and fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Line mini-muffin pan cups with fluted paper or foil baking cups. Spoon the mousse into the cups. My cookie scoop was the perfect tool. See, a perfect dollop.Set uncovered pan in the freezer until they've set. Remove pans, wrap well and immediately place back in freezer. Remove from freezer a couple minutes before serving time.
The original recipe said it made 24. My batch made 33. I guess I had smaller scoops.

Comments