Mini Quiches

I tore this recipe out of a grocery store ad ten years ago. Here's the introduction to the recipe:

"Hey kids, Mother's Day is Sunday, and here's a tasty breakfast dish you can make for Mom with little or no adult supervision. These pretty flower-shaped quiches are sure to be a hit. In fact, you may want to double the recipe!"

So, although my kids didn't see the ad and decide to make them for me, I did make them for the family, and they turned out to be delicious. I thought they would be the perfect thing to serve at our "finger foods only" open house.

Mini Brunch Quiches

12 wonton wrappers
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 eggs
1/3 cup half & half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray a 12-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Press a wrap into each space. (I bought egg roll wrappers and used my pizza cutter to slice each one into four smaller squares.) Fill wraps evenly with cheese, bacon and green onions. In a small bowl, beat together eggs, half & half, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese mixture. Cover loosely with a sheet of foil to prevent overbrowning. (This is a necessary step.) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12, which serves about 4.

Comments