Focaccia

It's better to mix the cheese into the dough before baking, but even having it on top is delicious.
Here's a recipe that Steven liked (and remember that that's saying something!), although I forgot to take a picture. I guess we'll have to have it again sometime.

Focaccia

1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon yeast
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups flour
8 cloves garlic
8 ounces grated Mozarella cheese
pizza seasonings to taste

Combine water, yeast, oil, salt and flour and beat together for 60 seconds. Stir in garlic and cheese. (Note: this time I used roasted garlic and added some roasted red pepper as well.) Grease a 9x13" pan (or a 10x15" one) and drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom. Scoop the dough into the pan; cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 60 minutes. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning and bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes.


Time to try this again - and remember to take a picture. We're eating dairy-free this month so I omitted the cheese. I also vaguely remember it being on the thick side, so I did a half recipe, but baked it in the 9x13 pan for 20 minutes. (That turned out to be the perfect thickness for us.) I stirred the Italian seasoning into the dough, but sprinkled half of it with Mozarella cheese before baking. I love adapting recipes, even my own!

Comments