Potatoes Romanoff

Somewhere I came across a recipe for Potatoes Romanoff, and it looked so similar to our favorite potato casserole that I had to give it a try. I just wrote down ingredients, not measurements, because I knew it would be a forgiving recipe. However, I'll try to add amounts for you!Potatoes Romanoff

4-6 potatoes, baked in foil and chilled overnight, then peeled and grated
2-4 tablespoons, scallions or green onions, chopped
1-2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1-2 cups sour cream
lots of salt and pepper

Combine everything and put into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

That's it! It was very good. I think we'll stick with our regular recipe, though, because it adds butter and cream of mushroom soup, which is just more deliciousness, and cuts down on the tang of the sour cream. Also, I've always boiled my potatoes before grating them; it was nice to learn that this casserole works just fine with baked potatoes as well.

Comments

  1. Instead of baked and grated potatoes, I used boiled and cubed ones today. I didn't measure the sour cream and cheese, but it was on the light side. In spite of that, Wayne pronounced the dish delicious, maybe because I also added sliced fresh mushrooms. I liked the idea of having Company Potatoes, but I also wanted to share the 350 degree oven that was already in use. This adaptation was the result, and it worked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment