Saucy Pork Chops

Pork Chops were on the menu the other day, and I found two recipes that looked intriguing. Since I couldn't choose between the two, I decided to combine them into my own. Here's the result:Saucy Pork Chops

1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 cups chopped onion
1-2 cups chopped celery
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 pork chops
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Sauté the onions, celery and garlic in the olive oil until softened. Scoot to the side and add the pork chops, browning on both sides. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chops. Spoon the vegetables back on top. Cover and simmer until the pork is done, turning over occasionally if needed. Serves 8.

Note: These were fairly thick chops. I think it might have been fun to "stuff" them with the onion mixture, but there wasn't enough time before company arrived to add that step. Maybe another time.

Comments