- they were quick (heating the oven was the most time-consuming step),
- they were a fantastic way to use up the mayonnaise in the fridge (which lasts far too long in our house),
- I didn't have to cut in shortening (always a plus in my book),
- it was a small batch so there weren't any leftovers (for some reason my family only likes "hot out of the oven" rolls)
- and, while they were more biscuits than rolls, they tasted great.
Ten Minute Rolls/Biscuits
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 - 1/3 cup milk
Combine dry ingredients, then stir in the mayonnaise and milk. Plop into six greased muffin tins. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot.
Variation: Use 1/4 cup cornmeal in place of 1/4 cup flour. Divide into four pieces and bake on cookie sheet.