Completos

When Jeff was home for Christmas break he asked if we could have Completos one night.  I had never heard of them before, but those who served missions in Chile and Uruguay have.  Last night when I asked for ideas for tonight's dinner, it was winning suggestion once again, and I realized I had never posted how to make them.  So, here you go!

Basically a Completo is a hot dog with lots of toppings.  If you go to Wikipedia, you can learn all the various names for the different variations.  However, we decided to go with mayonnaise, avocados, tomatoes, sauteéd onions and grated cheese.  Sauerkraut might have been on the table as well. 
Thank you, Jeff, for a wonderful suggestion.  Completos are delicious.  The only complaint was that the buns were too small, so I'm off to the store to see if I can find a package of larger-than-normal hot dog bun!

Comments

  1. Oh dear! those get me so homesick!!
    In our country you add ranch dressing, crushed potato chips, and a fried egg.
    I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment