Crab Fried Rice

The description for this recipe stated particularly that this was not to include peas and carrots and mushrooms, so I left them out.  However, I like extra vegies in my fried rice, so I'll probably add them next time.  It didn't state what type of oil to use.  I started with a bit of sesame oil, then added a little olive oil.  We also used imitation crab, since that was the ingredient I was trying to use when I searched for a recipe.  This was a yummy version, and we'll be trying it again some day.  


Crab Fried Rice

3-5 tablespoons oil
3 cloves garlic
2-3 green onions, minced
1 cup crab meat 
6 cups cooked rice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce

Heat a little oil in wok and sauté garlic for a few minutes.  Stir in green onions and crab meat, then rice and heat through.  Push to edges, add a little oil in center, and scramble eggs, then incorporate into rest of mixture.  Stir in pepper and fish sauce and serve.

As noted above, we've used imitation crab in this recipe, but we've also used canned crab. I wanted to know what the difference between white and lump crabmeat was, other than the price. For casseroles, white crab is fine, but when the crab is the star, pay for the lumb crab.




Comments