Authentic Columbian Cuisine

Fay and Adam decided that before they got married they needed to cook some authentic Columbian cuisine for dinner one day. So they did. They were so thoughtful and didn't do anything deep-fried, even though a lot of recipes Fay grew up with do use that method of cooking.
First up was Ceviche, or cooked shrimp in a marinade of ketchup, lime juice, onion and cilantro. Here's a link to a recipe that looks quite similar to what they did.
And then we had Arroz con Pollo. I love the presentation, don't you? Anyway, it's rice cooked in chicken broth with a touch of saffron. Then they stirred in the shredded chicken (from making the broth), onions, green peppers, red peppers, and green peas. Normally there would be fried plantains on the side, but Fay knew I don't care for them, so she didn't fix them. (Although, I would have eaten them, even if it was just to be polite!) If I ever want to try making it myself, here's the recipe I'll use.
It was a yummy dinner. Thank you Fay and Adam!

Comments