Wayne's Alfredo Sauce

I'm posting this so maybe I can remember. Wayne likes sour cream in his Alfredo sauce. I don't particularly, which is maybe why it's difficult for me to remember. He likes the tang, though, so I need to remember that. Anyway, here's the recipe we used this week (from Our Best Bites). Next time I need to try adding sour cream to it and see how it works.

Combine 2 cups milk, 3 ounces cream cheese, 3 tablespoons flour and 1 teaspoon salt in the blender and combine well. Sauté 3 garlic cloves, minced, in 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan for just a couple of minutes. Stir in the milk mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for a couple of minutes. Stir in 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Let sit for 10 minutes before stirring.

Shrimp Alfredo

Updated:

I used 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup sour cream for the 2 cups milk, and kept everything else the same. It turned out great, and Wayne said it could have even more sour cream!

Note also that if you use the pre-grated Kraft Parmesan cheese, cut way back on the salt!


For the salad today, I used this recipe. Place a layer of chopped romaine on two plates. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss with diced tomato, halved cherry tomatoes, cubed fresh mozarella and sliced red onion. Pile on lettuce. Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and serve.

Comments