Dana's Turtle Bars

Tonight for dinner we're having baked potatoes, and since I'm only baking two potatoes, I looked for something that could fill the empty space in the oven so I wouldn't feel like I was squandering our electricity. I was missing ingredients for anything that looked appealing on my Pinterest board, so off to the bookshelf I went to the old-fashioned cookbook binder! On the first page in the cookie section I saw Turtle Bar Cookies, and since I also have caramel sauce that's been lingering in the fridge for awhile, it was the perfect choice. This yummy dessert is also missing from this blog, and it's about time we rectified that!

Dana's Turtle Bars

1 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1/2 jar (about 1 cup) caramel sauce
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda with the butter. Press 3/4 of the mixture in a lightly greased 8x8" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Drizzle the caramel sauce over and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts on top. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over that and bake an additional 12 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Makes 16 at 200 calories each.

Comments