Geniel's Kale Salad

I don't think I've ever purchased kale myself, and I'm not really sure why. However, at Relief Society this month we had a class on healthy salads and I decided that I should try this one at home. It was actually pretty good!


Geniel's Kale Salad

4 leaves kale, stem removed and chiffonaded
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 tablespoon chopped olives
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (or pine nuts)
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Combine everything and let set for a bit before serving.


Kale and Pear Salad

Chiffonade the kale and toss with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit in the fridge for an hour or two. When ready to serve, add chopped pear and sprinkle with almonds or pecans, toasted with or without sugar. This was a deliciously light and refreshing salad.

Comments