Sunday Dinner

The inspiration for our dinner today came from here. I have no idea what chicken paillards* are, but it worked well with chicken thighs and the leftover couscous in the refrigerator. It turned out well, and since someday in the future I may be looking for a quick and easy dinner once again, here it is.
Sunday Dinner

Saute some onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil. When limp, stir in a can of diced tomatoes. Add basil, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a bit. Combine some chicken broth with a tablespoon of cornstarch and stir into the pan to thicken. Serve over cooked chicken thighs and couscous.

*So I looked it up: a paillard is a piece of meat, chicken or fish that is pounded thin and seared quickly. Next time I pound my chicken breast, I'll have to call it a paillard! And just so you know, if you coat your pounded meat with flour before cooking it, it becomes a scaloppine.

Comments