Strawberry Spinach Salad - Today's Version


I love our normal Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe, but today I felt like trying a new salad dressing instead. I went with this one.


Poppy Seed Dressing

1/2 cup light olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt

Combine ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake vigorously. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Along with the spinach and strawberries, I like the idea of adding toasted pecans and sliced red onions, that I saw here. Maybe sometime I'll follow this person's advice and add blueberries, avocado and bleu cheese as well.

For future reference, (according to some food blogger), 2 bunches of spinach equals 12 ounces of prepped baby spinach, or about 16 cups slightly packed. For a good ratio, toss 8 cups spinach with 2 cups of sliced strawberries.

Comments