Cheesy Mashed Pumpkin

I still have pumpkin sitting in the freezer from when we cooked up our Halloween jack-o-lanterns, and I've decided there has to be another way to use it that isn't a pie or a quick bread. We made Pumpkin Rolls a week ago, but that only used half the container. Google came to the rescue with Creamy Mashed Pumpkin. Our pumpkin pureƩ is already pretty liquid-y so I didn't add a lot of cream, but I did stir in a fair amount of cheese. When I asked Wayne what he thought he said, "Yum. Reminds me of grits, just more smooth." So, there you have it. I'm always grateful when an experiment is successful. We'll most definitely have this again!


Cheesy Mashed Pumpkin

1 cup of pumpkin pureƩ
1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
dash of Tabasco sauce

Mix together. Heat through. Serve. It's that simple.

Comments