Amy's Pizza Sauce

We're making pizza to celebrate the beginning of football season, and I realized I'd never posted our pizza sauce recipe. Actually, it comes from our niece, so "Thank you" Amy! Often I'll cheat and use a bottled pizza sauce from the grocery store, but I love this one because it's so much thicker and yummier, and every time I make it I realize that it doesn't really take that much more time!


Amy's Pizza Sauce

1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
dash pepper

Combine all ingredients. Simmer for ten minutes.

Note: I don't actually measure the spices, just eye-ball the amounts, and it works just fine.

Comments