Hot and Cold Shrimp Quinoa

I had narrowed down my dinner plan to something with shrimp and avocado and quinoa, but when I searched for recipes with those ingredients, I discovered most of them were salads. I wasn't in the mood for a cold dinner, so I tried the one hot dish I found. However, I used the leftovers for a cold lunch. Both recipes were good, but I still think I prefer quinoa warm.

Jerk Shrimp with Avocado and Quinoa

Sprinkle jerk seasoning on raw, peeled shrimp. Let sit for 30 minutes or so while cooking quinoa in chicken broth as package directs. Sauté the shrimp with some garlic in a bit of olive oil, then sprinkle in some lemon juice. Stir in the quinoa and some avocado chunks. Serve warm.


Shrimp and Cucumber Quinoa Salad

Combine cooked shrimp and quinoa with diced cucumber and green onions. Mix in some Ranch dressing and serve cold. This would probably taste better with some avocado added as well, but we were out of that ingredient.


Comments