Dutch Oven Cheesesteaks

What's the name of this recipe?
I don't know; something like Dutch Oven Fake Philly Cheesesteaks.

I guess I'll go look it up later, but I kind of like that name. The first time we had them, we didn't add cheese, so we made them again with Monterey Jack cheese, and we'll try them two more times, with Swiss then Cheddar. Last time I bought rolls at the grocery store; this time I made our own, using this recipe.


Dutch Oven Philly

1/3 cup vegetable oil or bacon grease
8 oz. onions (1 large), diced
8 oz. mushrooms, diced
8 oz. tri tip, thinly sliced
salt & pepper to taste
sliced Jack, Swiss or Cheddar cheese
French rolls

Heat the oil in the Dutch oven. Cook the onions and mushrooms until soft, then add the beef. Cook until done. Serve on rolls with choice of cheese. Makes about 2 large sandwiches.

Comments