Oysters Rockefeller


We're having Grandma's Mac n Cheese for dinner today, and since I'm throwing in some leftover crab, I thought it might be a good time to use the can of oysters that's been sitting in the pantry for a while as well. When looking for a recipe I discovered I'd never posted the recipe Wayne made which taught me that it's possible to buy canned oysters.

Oysters Rockefeller


There are a lot of steps to that recipe, and I don't want to thaw some spinach when I have a bunch of vegetables sitting in the refrigerator that need to be used. (I'm roasting zucchini, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes for our side dish.) So, we're going to try this one - Crispy Oven Fried Oysters. Taste of Home recipes rarely disappoint, and although I'll make my own adjustments, it's a great starting point.


Oven Fried Oysters

Prepare three bowls - one with seasoned flour, one with beaten egg, and one with seasoned bread crumbs. Drain one can of oysters, and dip each oyster in each of the concoctions. Then place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.

Comments