Mushroom Marsala Mahi

Should I go back and add the 2nd "Mahi" to the title? It seemed a bit much. Anyway, this creation - trying to use the mushrooms that were getting old with the thawed mahi-mahi in the refrigerator, along with the leftover roasted potatoes and carrots from Brad's birthday dinner - got the thumbs up. That means I can make it again someday!


Mushroom Marsala Mahi-Mahi
(all ingredients approximate)

1 tablespoon butter/olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 mahi-mahi filets
salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
1-2 tablespoons Marsala

Sauté the mushrooms in the butter for a few minutes, then stir in the garlic. Add the mahi-mahi to the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and onion powder. Flip the fish and squirt some Marsala over everything. Cook until done and serve.

I forgot to take a picture, so here's a placeholder from the internet. I like the idea of the little fruit relish cup in the center of the plate to add some color.

Note: If I had had some diced onions (red, yellow or green), I would have added them. And I meant to sprinkle some parsley on top, but forgot.

Another note: While looking at inspiration recipes, I saw a suggestion for blackened mahi served with mashed sweet potatoes. That's probably what we'll try next time mahi-mahi is on the menu.

Comments