Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip

While looking for a dip for some regular plain “stick” pretzels, I came across this recipe. It’s not bad, but it’s too thick for dipping skinny pretzels, and works much better with tortilla chips. I also decided that it needed a lot more bacon, particularly in order to be called a bacon dip, and that it ought to be made with cream cheese. (I only used sour cream in my first trial.) What do you think of my adjustments?

Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip

  • 8-12 slices bacon, diced and cooked (about 1/2-3/4 cup pieces)
  • 3 cups corn
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1-2 tablespoons dried chopped chives (or double the amount of fresh)

Combine all ingredients. Heat until warm and bubbly – either for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or for a couple of minutes in the microwave. Stir and serve with tortilla chips.

Comments