Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

It’s game night, and I forgot to place our typical sandwich ring order in time, so I need to come up with something else to take. Since I also have a new Christmas gift to use and leftover puff pastry from our delicious Christmas dinner, this recipe caught my eye. This is supposedly a crowd pleaser. What do you think?

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

  • puff pastry thawed
  • Dijon mustard
  • ham thinly sliced
  • cheese thinly sliced

1. Roll out a sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle. Spread with a thin layer of mustard. Top with ham and cheese.

2. Roll up tightly and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 20 minutes.

3. Slice into 1/2" thick slices and place on baking sheet.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.

5. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley for color, if desired, and serve warm or at room temperature.

I imagine you could use whatever variety of cheese you wanted in this recipe. We have Jarlsberg in the fridge, so that’s what I chose today, but I think I’d really like Cheddar as well.

Another day I may also try one of these following recipes, which also made it on my short list. However, I didn’t really feel like experimenting with making my own Hawaiian rolls, (or going to the store to buy some), and I’m not really in the mood for a pizza type sandwich.

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Hawaiian Buns

Comments