Recipe Project Results


For over 15 years, I've had "reorganize the recipe binder" on my to-do list. It's obviously not a high-priority item! However, when a a couple of months ago I noticed plastic dust every time I used it, I realized the time had come to move it to the top of the list. While going through my recipe collection, I've discovered quite a few that I want to try again, and then record here on the recipe blog so I can throw away my scraps of paper. 

I chose this particular one because I felt it would go well with the zucchini we need to use. Since we're no longer feeding teenage boys, I'm going to make a smaller batch. And since I don't want an opened can of evaporated milk hanging around, I'm going to try a technique I learned earlier to make your own evaporated milk. Just combine powdered milk with 60% of the water called for, and you have evaporated milk! (So, a scant 3 tablespoons of powder to 3/4 cup of water.)

Also, while my original scribble called for shrimp, we're going to have a shrimp dish tomorrow, so today I'll use chicken.

Easy Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

  • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 2 cups Italian cheese blend (mostly Mozzarella with some Parmesan)
  • 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 ounces penne (or any pasta), cooked and drained
  • 8-12 ounces cooked shrimp or chicken (about 2 cups)
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the cheese melts. Combine with the pasta and shrimp/chicken. Serves 4.

Comments