Orange Rolls

Don't these look festive? And they tasted great as well. Remembering my sister-in-law's dinner rolls, which my kids tell me are basically regular rolls formed like cinnamon rolls without the cinnamon (but with the butter/sugar filling) and these fun Easter Egg Buns, I tried our own variation for Easter dinner this year.

Prepare regular roll dough (I like this recipe), but use a bit of orange juice for part of the liquid and knead in some orange peel. Roll out, brush with butter, and sprinkle with sugar (also mixed with orange peel). Roll up, slice, place in greased muffin pins, sprinkle with "sprinkles" if desired, let rise, then bake as usual.

If I had served these for breakfast, we would have drizzled some frosting on them. These were for dinner, though, so I didn't. And that didn't stop the boys from eating their fill.

Comments