Oven-Baked Bacon

I've read about cooking bacon in the oven, that it cuts down on the mess, and figured it was time to give it a try. I'm not thrilled with the results - it took much longer than I was led to believe it would - but the bacon strips were much flatter, and it didn't require the hands-on tending. Maybe we'll try it again sometime.

Here's the process: 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Use a wire rack in the pan for crispier bacon. Lay out the bacon strips so that they don't touch. Bake for about 20 minutes, until they reach desired crispiness. 


I had them in the oven for closer to 30 minutes, and they still weren't very crispy, although they were no longer raw. Our grandsons devoured them, and Wayne said he liked them softer. So, I guess overall it was a success.

Comments