Monday, October 12, 2009

Chinese Noodle Casserole

I remembered this recipe when trying to figure out how to use up some chinese noodles that had been sitting in the cupboard for a while. After serving it for dinner last week, I was kindly asked to burn the recipe. Unfortunately, I like it! It's a recipe my mom served on a regular basis and bring backs fond memories of childhood family dinners. So, I won't be getting rid of the recipe. Instead, I'll just try to remember to serve it when "someone" is out of town. Chinese Noodle Casserole

2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I usually omit this.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can water
1/2 cup uncooked cracked wheat (can also use brown rice)
1 can (5 oz.) Chinese noodles

Brown meat in frying pan. Add chopped onion, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. (This time around I substituted some pre-cooked chicken from the freezer.) Add soupls, water and cracked wheat. Put in a large greased casserole dish. Sprinkle top with the Chinese noodles. Cover with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 45 minutes longer. Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment