Pork Chops and Sauerkraut

This was a very simple recipe, that I never would have tried if I had stumbled across it on my own. However, several friends mentioned that it was one of their favorite crock pot dishes, and I married someone who loves sauerkraut, so I decided to give it a chance. And it wasn't bad at all. Apparently, all the "sauerkraut" taste disappears due to the lengthy cooking time. Place 4-6 porkchops in a crock pot. Cover with a 16-ounce can of sauerkraut. Cook on low for several hours. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Can it get any easier? The pork fell right off the bone, so they no longer looked like pork chops. I noticed several recipe variations that included apples/applesauce/apple cider. We may try one of those some day. Instead, we had Swedish Apple Cake for dessert!

Comments