Creamy Italian Chicken (with salad dressing mix)

A couple of years ago I posted a recipe for Italian Crockpot Chicken after a Relief Society meeting where it was shared.  Today we're having my mother-in-law's version, so I thought I'd post that variation as well. Although there are a couple of differences in how it's put together, the end result is just as delicious!


Creamy Italian Chicken


4-6 chicken breasts (Can you tell I doubled the recipe?)
1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix (see below)
8 oz. cream cheese, cut in chunks
1 can cream of chicken soup


Place chicken breasts in the crockpot.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over cooked rice or noodles.


Oven variation: Place chicken breasts in a 9x13" pan.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.


Note:  I don't buy salad dressing mixes.  Here's the combination of spices and herbs that I used instead:


2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried onion
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

To turn this into salad dressing combine with 2/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons water.

Comments