Baked Spaghetti

We like lasagna, but for some reason I don't really like making it. I think the put off is slimy, squirmy lasagna noodles. So, when I saw this recipe I decided it was worth trying. Of course I had to put my own spin on it, but this is what we tried.


Baked Spaghetti

8 oz spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 cups Spaghetti Sauce (see below)
2 cups Mozarella cheese

Cook spaghetti, then drain and toss with butter. Combine cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese. In a 9x9" pan, layer half the noodles, half the cottage cheese mix, half the sauce, and half the Mozarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.

Note: Next time I'll probably combine the pasta with the cottage cheese mixture before layering so that it's more evenly distributed. And I'll try not to forget the Mozarella in the layering process as well!

Spaghetti Sauce
1 packet spaghetti seasoning mix (my recipe is here)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with liquid
1-2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 pound ground beef, cooked (or wheat/meat)
1 cup chopped mushrooms

Comments