Make-a-Mix Chili

We have two "old-stand-by" chili recipes, one we discovered in a Taste of Home magazine (and then adapted to our family's taste) and another from my Make-a-Mix Cookbook. When I decided to make the second one for dinner tonight, I was surprised I couldn't find it on this blog; I had to pull out the cookbook! Fortunately, fixing that problem is easily done.


Chili Seasoning Mix

2 tablespoons dried onion
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Combine all ingredients and store in a cool, dark place. Normally I don't store this; just mix it up when I'm ready to make chili.

Chili

Combine above mix with one quart canned tomatoes, about 4 cups cooked beans, and one package wheat/meat (or about one pound hamburger, cooked). Add 1-2 cups tomato sauce or tomato juice if desired. Heat through and serve with desired toppings - grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, sliced black olives, etc.

Comments