Cider Glazed Pork Roast

A while ago Wayne sent me a link to a bunch of roast recipes, with the encouragement to try each of them. It may take a while to eat our way through the entire list, but we can at least try, and here’s the first one. 

Cider Glazed Pork Roast

from Delish.com

  • 1/2 cup apple cider
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • Pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix apple cider, vinegar and mustard together and set aside. Season pork with salt, pepper and rosemary. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a cast-iron skillet and sear the pork on all sides. Place in a pre-heated 400 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes, until thermometer reads 140 degrees. Remove from oven and place pork on a clean plate. Return skillet to stove, add cider mixture and bring to a simmer, scraping up the brown bits. Add remaining butter, then pork to skillet and baste with sauce; continuing to do so for a couple of minutes until mixture reduces. (Takes more than two minutes!) Remove from heat, let set 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve, pouring remaining sauce on top.

Note: I couldn’t find any apple cider in my grocery store, so I looked for a recipe to make my own. Here’s one that would probably work if you want to make a large batch. However, since I only need 1/2 cup, I’m going to try this method. Wash, quarter and core a couple of apples. Pulse in a food processor for a bit. Place mixture in a strainer lined with cheesecloth, and placed over a bowl, and let set for an hour or so. Place something heavy on top to help weigh it down. Squeeze all the liquid out. Heat to 160 degrees (don’t boil) to remove any impurities, then serve.

You’ll notice this doesn’t have any additional sweetening or spices, which is what I want for my recipe. If I was serving it as a drink, I’d add them. 

The finished product – Apple Cider!

Comments