Easy Caramel Sauce

I was assigned to bring some caramel sauce to our ice cream party the other day, so when I stumbled across this recipe that morning, it seemed meant to be to give it a try. I didn’t realize I already had a couple of other caramel sauce recipes in my archives. However, each is just a bit different, so I’ll go ahead and keep them all, and maybe someday I’ll decide which one I like best. Have you already selected a favorite?

Caramel Ice Cream Sauce

Regal Caramel Sauce

and now the new one –

Easy Caramel Sauce

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Combine brown sugar, butter, cream, milk and salt in a saucepan.

2. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until it thickens.

3. Add vanilla and cook for another minute.

4. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Note: You could use 1/2 cup of half & half instead of the milk and cream, but I usually have milk and cream in my refrigerator, and I don’t have half & half.

Note also: Although thickened to the consistency I liked when this was freshly made, when I served it that evening it was pretty thick, and I should have probably warmed the caramel sauce up a bit before putting it on the serving table. Just something to remember for the future.

Comments