British Heritage Recipes

It's time once again to share "a recipe from your heritage" for our Relief Society potluck dinner this week. I've finally decided on Shepherd's Pie (also known as Cottage Pie), mainly because I have all the ingredients in the freezer/pantry already. If I go to the store before Thursday, maybe I'll take Bubble and Squeak (which is what I took last time). Other contenders were Irish Stew (but someone else is bringing that) or Cornish Pasties (a little too time-consuming for this week) or Yorkshire Pudding (must be served immediately) or Corned Beef and Cabbage (I'll save that for St. Patrick's Day).  This post is to put all of the links in one spot!

Traditional British Recipes (no pictures so I couldn't pin it, but this is a great resource)


Shepherd's Pie


Bubble and Squeak


Corned Beef


Colcannon


Traditional English Scones


Irish Soda Bread


Coconut Cookies


English Trifle

Comments