Cranberry Food Chain

This holiday season we finally did try Cody’s Family Salad. As mentioned in that post, we didn’t really care for it. Maybe it really wasn’t meant to be served as a salad, but as a condiment. I guess I should ask her! Nevertheless, I wasn’t going to throw out perfectly good food, so I doctored up the leftovers a bit. These two adaptations were actually quite delicious.

Cranberry Appetizer

Layer some cream cheese and the cranberry mixture in a bowl. Let come to room temperature and serve with crackers. You could also blend them together, but I think it looks prettier layered. 

Trying this reminded me of our Easy Cherry Cheesecake recipe. That gave me the idea for a Christmas Eve salad, which turned out quite nicely, and was a great way to use up the remaining leftovers.

Cranberry Fluff Salad

Beat together some cream cheese and whipped cream. Fold in the cranberry mixture. Chill and serve. 

Comments