Easy Cherry Cheesecake


This is one of the first recipes that I memorized. It's also one of the recipes that my mother-in-law gave to me as favorites of my new husband. It's interesting to see the variations between the two versions. (And the variation above is the "cooking for two" version - divide the ingredients by four and make in two small dishes.)


Easy Cherry Cheesecake

Start with a graham cracker crust.

Prepare the whipping cream. Use one envelope of Dream Whip, prepared as directed (my mother's version) or 1 cup of whipping cream whipped with 3/4 cup powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla (my mother-in-law's version). You could also use an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip (my usual choice). Beat in 8 ounces of cream cheese until smooth and pour into the crust.

Chill for several hours, then top with a can of cherry pie filling.

That's it! Since Wayne doesn't care for cakes, this is his birthday cake of choice. I also love serving it for Christmas dinner and any other time we need something special but simple.

Comments

  1. I just saw a variation of this which looks pretty yummy, particularly if you're in the mood for chocolate instead of fruit. Use chocolate cookie crumbs for the crust. Fold broken Oreo cookies into the cream mixture. Top with chocolate ganache.
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/icebox-cookie-cheesecake/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment