Skillet Banana Bread

Except for the fact that I want to actually complete the list, I wouldn’t have chosen to try a new banana bread recipe. I figured it would be just fine, and it was, but banana bread is not my favorite food. This version has a high nut to batter ratio, which is kind of nice, and I’m sure you could add or substitute chocolate chips. It also gave me a chance to use two oft-neglected spices in the cupboard. (Guess which one is more neglected than the other!)

Be sure to bake it long enough. It’s been a while since I’ve made a nut bread, and after 30 minutes I wasn’t sure it was completely done. However, I stuck a toothpick into it, which came out clean, so I removed it from the oven. When I sliced into it, though, the very center was still runny. Stick the toothpick into the center!

I imagine there are a lot of banana bread recipes floating around because it’s a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. We have our fair share of those hanging around, so I guess we’ll continue to make banana bread. Here are some of our favorite picks.

Easy Banana Bread – made without any butter, so it must be healthy, right?

Whole Grain Banana Bread – King Arthur Flour’s recipe of the year in 2018

Banana-Nana Bread – a version with a streusel topping

Blueberry Banana Oat Bread – for when you can’t decide between the two fruits

Triple Chocolate Banana Bread – Who wouldn’t like this version?

Comments