Blueberry Muffins #1

Maybe I shouldn't post this, because technically it's not a "family favorite," but it wasn't bad - actually it was pretty good - and I'm trying to encourage all of my children to eat more healthily. We tried a lower-calorie blueberry muffin this morning (from this recipe book). The original recipe called for 2 egg whites, but I'm not psychologically ready to "waste" egg yolks yet, so I made it with one whole egg. Michelle sprinkled hers with sugar because it wasn't sweet enough - which means Jeff would have also but he wasn't home to try one. Blueberry-Orange Muffins

1 ½ cups flour
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries



Combine dry ingredients. Stir in liquid ingredients. Gently add blueberries. Spoon into muffins cups and bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes. Makes 12.

Because there were blueberries in the fridge that needed to be eaten, I promised Michelle blueberry muffins for breakfast. However, my way of fixing them was just as delicious, and much better for me, than hers: good old-fashioned oatmeal with fresh blueberries!

Comments