Red Velvet Cake Balls

Last week Weston's sister-in-law posted pictures of some yummy treats she made, and I decided that the assignment to help with refreshments for the Visiting Teaching Conference was a good excuse to try making them myself. I had seen Bakerella's original post before and they looked like a lot of work. They were! So, we probably won't be making them very often - maybe for a Christmas platter or fancy party. But they were also quite yummy, more of a candy truffle than a piece of cake.

Start by baking a Red Velvet Cake. (I made it simple and used a mix). Once it's cooled, crumble it and mix it with a can of cream cheese frosting (or 2 cups of your own recipe). It'll be VERY gooey. Then you're supposed to form it into 1" balls. This was too messy, so I stuck it in the freezer for a while and tried again. Still messy, but worked much better. Then, chill the balls until firm. Dip in melted almond bark or chocolate and chill again. Drizzle with a contrasting color and they're done.

Comments

  1. Yummy! Those look so good - oh if only I had one right now - LOL! Thanks for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment