Easy Hamburger Stroganoff

I vividly remember my mom talking to someone after church one Sunday and the discussion was about what you could make for supper with hamburger, mushrooms and sour cream. The answer was Hamburger Stroganoff. This is a super easy, fairly quick recipe, and it was perfect for our dinner tonight. Hamburger Stroganoff

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can mushrooms, undrained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
Cooked rice or pasta

Brown the meat with the onions. Stir in the mushrooms, soup and sour cream. Heat through but don't boil (or the sour cream will curdle). Serve over rice or noodles.

To make this even easier and faster I just pull a packet of cooked "wheat/meat" from the freezer and then mix everything together. To make it not easier and faster, you can make your own beef gravy (instead of the soup) and use fresh mushrooms. And to make it really good, use top sirloin instead of hamburger.

Updated August 2009: 
Michelle decided she wanted to do some cooking before school started again. (I suspect it's a Personal Progress requirement, but that's okay with me!) Her first pick was Easy Hamburger Stroganoff. And it is easy!



Comments

  1. Hi Becky! I subscribed to your blog. I see some yummy stuff on here, so I'm hoping to get some inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS!!!!!!! Man, I have been so bored with my lack of variety in my dinner menus and I like this idea. Emily makes fun of me for eating the same 3 meals every day. Now there will be 4!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment