Wheatberry Salad/Dessert

I was intrigued when I came across this recipe and so had to try it. It was called a salad, but you can definitely taste the pudding and cool whip in it, so you could probably get away with serving it for dessert. It's one of "those" recipes! It's also not low calorie, so we won't be making it frequently, but it turned out well. So, here's another way to eat your wheat!

Wheatberry Salad

4 ounces cream cheese 
4 ounces cool whip 
1 package dry vanilla pudding (4 serving size) 
1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained 
2 cups cooked wheat berries 

Combine cream cheese and cool whip. Stir in pudding mix. Stir in fruit cocktail and wheat berries. Chill until ready to serve. Makes 9 - 1/2 cup servings (about 175 calories each).

Comments

  1. This looks good! I might even use it for my "wheat table" for the emergency preparedness fair. I could give everyone a yummy taste of how to cook with wheat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment